I have been a busy girl. Hunting, pulling bounty out of the garden and canning and preserving it as salsa and marinara, and helping (when I can) with some projects around the homestead.
In my last update I wrote that I was getting ready for hunting season.
Opening day was a success for both my hubby and I. It ended up being my shortest hunting session ever.
My hunt was successful shortly after 7 a.m., not too long after my husband filled one of his tags. I didn't even make it out to the hunting blind. As I was walking out there I saw an opportunity, and I went for it. I still have a tag to fill. No idea when I'll be heading back out, as I'm still taking care of garden produce.
It was long, hard work to process two deer at once. Fortunately my son pitched in and helped with the really hard stuff. And then I heard what one place was charging for processing and I am *very* thankful none of us are squeamish about this sort of thing.
Basically the whole weekend, and a part of that following Monday was filled with processing the venison meat.
After that I turned my attention to tomatoes. So many tomatoes ...
This past week I processed more than 15 gallons of tomatoes in to salsa and marinara sauce.
After last year not being such a great garden year, I was super pleased with the bounty this year.
I don't know how many jars of salsa I've processed this year. A lot of it was enjoyed almost as soon as I pulled it out of the canner.
Let me update you on the projects around the homestead.
The garage project ... all we are waiting for now is the tool chests that were ordered back on Aug. 10. We ordered the tools chests from Harbor Freight. They have a "new system" and apparently it's mucked up the whole system. Yeah ... everything was supposed to be here last week. We've been told that everything will be ready for us to pick up this coming weekend. At this point we aren't holding our breath.
I have to say that the biggest jewel in the crown of last week was the carport project my husband did.
Something that he's been wanting to do since he first put the carport up, I learned.
He decided to finish the carport off and make it in to a shed.
I realized I don't have a very good "before" photo, so this one will have to do. Yes, I know it looks like he's standing on the bike. 😆
Did I forget to mention that he had last week off from work? He did. He took full advantage of the "free time" and got 'er done.
I did help him, when I could. Which wasn't as much as I would have liked. I had to work. Boo.
It's looking pretty damn good, right?
And just when you think it's over, we've got one more trick up our sleeve.
A more recent big reason why my husband wanted to get the carport converted was because we needed a space to put a tire machine.
Yup. No more having to go and sit and wait, and wait, to have tire work done!
This past weekend I help him mix concrete so he could pour a slab to set the tire machine on.
Sixteen bags of concrete make a pretty nice little slab.
Yup, I helped make that *pointing above*
Here the shed is, all buttoned up. We are both so very proud of it.
Then yesterday, at lunch time, (I know, I was shocked too) the tire machine was delivered.
There was some rigamarole with the shipping information. We thought it was supposed to be delivered today. Suddenly it was in Duluth and then it was out for delivery 45 minutes ago. Someone had to quick leave work so he could pull the load off the truck.
Oh, but it was worth it.
This little machine is going to save us so much time and money.
With all this going on, I haven't had as much time to craft as I normally would. I'm stitching and knitting in moments, here and there. Usually knitting is in the early a.m., as I'm sipping coffee before work. I'm lucky if I get a few threads in on cross stitch projects during a session.
So I guess that is it for now. I'm hoping to have a flosstube out in the next day or so.
Even though it's still September, my mind is already in October. I've got some stuff coming up next month, and I am sure it will all be here before I know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment