Sunday, December 31, 2023

Crafty plans and goals for 2024

 First of all, let me share this: 


Last year I wrote down all the stuff I wanted to do in 2023.  Wanna guess how much of it I got done?  yeah, I don't know how much I would be able to cross off that list. 

The list was overwhelming. 

I LOVE lists, and being able to cross items off lists.  I tried to bite was more off than I could chew with this one.

I also stopped doing Words of the Year a long time ago, too. 

I do my best. That's what I do. 

Recently I either read or heard a phrase along the lines of "Goals you can actually reach are ones that require little effort." and said to myself. "That makes a lot of sense. That's what I'm going to do." 

*Minimal is attainable* 

Sounds like I'm taking the easy way out, doesn't it? 

Well, maybe. ... maybe not.

I'm going to set my goals and then figure what I need to do to make reaching those goals realistic. 

So ... what is it that I want to do this year. 

*Quilting*

* My two quilt WIPs I have going right now. I want them done this year.  I need to break it up into bite-size pieces so I'll be able to have it complete by the end of December. 



I also have the wall quilt for my bedroom.  I started it at the beginning of 2023.  I think. Yeah ... I want that finished ASAP.  *DONE!* - Jan. 18, 2024

* My snowflake cross stitch - I want that done!  I started the project back on 1/1/23. 

* A WIP project page I have the fabric already cut for.  *DONE! - Jan. 19, 2024

* An apron that I've had the fabric for for two years, at least, with the intention of making it for when I need to harvest produce from the garden. *DONE!* - Jan. 20, 2024

* Sweaters - I want to finish the Harvest Cardigan I'm currently working on.
Bly sweater pattern I have picked out for my handspun. 
Another crochet cardigan, like the grey one I made a few months ago. 
I need to find a pattern to use with some of the yarn my husband ordered for me from Temu. 
Ideally, I'd like to get 6 sweaters done this year. 

*Spinning 
I want to be consistant with my spinning, and not go in a burst during Tour de Fleece, and then drop it again for months at a time. 

If I spin ast least 4 ounces a month by the end of the year I think I will have enough for a sweater. 

   *UPDATE: 2/8/24 - I didn't make my 4 ounces for Jan.  The goal is to get caught up by the end of February. 

*Weaving

I haven't touched my loom in years.  I need to rectify that, STAT. My loom is out in the she shed so it's not like I can just sit down and start weaving.  In the wintertime I need to make a fire.  Oh, and there's warping the loom.  I struggle with warping.  I need practice.  

If anyone has suggestions for loom projects, let me know. 

*Charity stitching 

A few years ago I discovered a charity (Make Bundles for Babies) I wanted to stitch for.  I want to make one hat and blanket set a month.  Then send off a box at the end of the year. I have plenty of yarn for making this happen. 

*January - done!

*Knitting machine

More than a year ago my hubby brought home a knitting machine from one of the rental properties he was working on, I think.  

It needs some TLC.  I've spent time on it, trying to get it to work.  I have joined a few Facebook groups and will be doing some research to learn more about how the machines works and to verify that everything is in working order. 


If I can get this machine working as it should, I can make a TON of sweaters. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

These are the *big* goals I want to reach by the end of the year. I'm not going to micromanage myself and say "oh, I  can't start anything new until I finish one first." Nope, that's not gonna happen.  I need to be kind to myself and remind myself that I have other things going on my life, too. 


No comments: