Thursday, December 7, 2023

Cookies!

 Continuing with the very un-December-like weather for my area ... look at this beautiful sky and how the sun hit the trees this morning. 

I told my husband this morning (or maybe last night) that with how mild the weather has been for our area, I could have still been growing greens, or something. They could have been protected with some greenhouse plastic.  In past years I've had at least 6 inches of snow in the garden by now. 

I finally got that second green leg warmer unwound. 


I have four skeins of ramen yarn, ready for the bath. 


Seriously, this little project is taking me longer than I thought it would. 

Anywho ... 

Instead of spending most of my "free time" working on anything crafty, I opted to make cookies. 

Cookies for me, using a new recipe


I used a low carb/keto recipe as a base to make chocolate chip cookies.  I like them a lot. 

I made regular chocolate chip cookies for my son. 


And I made peanut butter cookies for my husband. 


Treats for everybody! 

Stitchy eye candy for the evening.  A few threads before bed. 


If I wasn't so bleary-eyed in the morning I would work on this before work.  My goal will be to get this done before Saturday morning. 








2 comments:

Becky G said...

That ornament is adorable! And the cookies look very good. I think I'm only going to do two kinds of cookies this year. I always make a bunch, but Cody and Brennan don't take any with them, so guess who has to eat all those cookies...

Amnicon Studio said...

The cookies are a hit! My son has been bugging for cookies for a while. He was over the moon for the cookies.

Thanks re: the ornament. I wish I was a faster stitcher but I don't like stitching in hand and that's the only way I think I'd stitch faster.