Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Finally, some nice weather

The weather has been really nice the last few days.  Last week we had the wood stove running, this week people are talking about putting their air conditioners in because of the heat and humidity.

Our yard is finally greening up and the trees are leafing out, almost overnight.


Unfortunately the mosquitos have hatched out and are making meals out of us.  Now if we want to spend a significant amount of time outdoors bug spray must be used.  While I was daydreaming about summer I forgot about the bugs.

The second batch of homegrown babies have been out for a few days and I don't think you could bring them back into the house.  They love it out there.  They haven't figured out how they can go into the little coop and sleep in there at night.  They sleep out in the main run part.  At least one is sporting a bigger comb.  Le sigh, I just don't know what we are gonna do with all these boys.


When my DH went out to check on the guineas and turkeys he noticed that there was some blood in the coop.  We tracked down that it belongs to one of the Americaunas.  One of the guineas poked at her head and we noticed she had blood on her in a few places.  We can't track down the source and she can't be left in the coop so for a few days she will be a house chicken.  She is not a happy girl. She's been trying to jailbreak for the last hour.


I'm still recovering from my epic canning session.  My feet don't hurt much. I still feel absolutely wiped. It will probably take me the rest of the week to recover.  Just in time for the weekend and I will be a busy bee unless the weather is bad. The garden isn't completely planted yet.  Crazy.  Oh! My pole beans have really taken off.  I should have taken a picture.  There was nothing yesterday and they are almost two inches tall today. 

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. Seeing the sun. 

2. Work was fairly quiet so I was able to stay on task, for the most part. 

3. My feet don't ache as much. 

4. Hershey's chocolate and peanut butter.  Such a great combo!

5. Hearing the frogs. 




No comments: