Monday, November 6, 2023

Weekend fun

 But first, can I say that this was basically me and my hubby this morning? 


The morning after Daylight Savings end is always tough.   I was so bleary-eyed this morning. 

Okay. That out of the way ... 

Weekend fun was had. 

My husband and I decided to try making venison hot dogs this weekend. 

So tasty! 


Saturday I got a bee in my bonnet to dye some aida cloth. 


I purchased a mess of RIT dyes within the last year.  I'm getting braver about dying aida cloth.  Even though it's so easy there's still the "What if I mess it up?" thoughts. 

I threw on a tutorial from the Housewives to make sure I remembered how to do it correctly. 

When I poured the dye out of the bottle I had a bit of a start.  The dye came out greenish instead of the expected light brown color. 

After a stir it looked okay, and I started out with a small amount of color.  I had something in mind. 

Then I decided to try something that may make my dyer friends cringe.  I placed the pan on top of the wood stove, to heat up the fabric and set the dye. 


It worked! 


I have a cross stitch project in mind for this piece of fabric. 

While the fabric was cooking on the stove I decide to be brave and pull out the pieces of my crochet cardigan and started pinning it together. 


I rewatched the craftsy class videos and the gal's method of seaming the pieces together made more sense the second time I watched.  Basically it was a double whip stitch to seam everything together. 

The cardigan has been receiving attention each night. 



Tonite I stitched the ribbing on the bottom. 


I'm getting so close to the completion of this piece. Up next is the collar and the button band. 

Before I sign off for the night I want to share a couple photos of the Christmas cactus I have. It was purchased at Aldi's a few years ago.  It bloomed the first year.  This summer I had it outside and it grew a lot more segments.  It came back in to the house about a month ago. 

It's sitting on the back of the toilet.  I figured it was one of the best places in the house for it, and it bloomed for me. 


It's full of blooms now. 




The "big snow" we had last week; it's all gone.  Temps have risen past the freezing point and most everything melted.  What didn't melt was washed away by the rain that started on Sunday.  

Rain! Blech! 




2 comments:

Becky G said...

The aida came out really pretty! I like it. You cactus is beautiful, too. Mine is covered in buds, but none of them have opened, yet. I thought I'd killed them last year with overwatering, but they're bouncing back just fine.

Amnicon Studio said...

Thanks! :-)

I've read somewhere that Christmas cactus are really hardy plants.