Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Experiencing setbacks and setting this week's goals

 Sunday afternoon I started working on the second sleeve of my Harvest cardigan. 

I knit and knit, and knit and knit. I may have knit almost all the way to bedtime, with a small break for playing Animal Crossing with some of my friends. 

So ... no finishing my cardigan by the end of the weekend.  That's okay.  No biggie, right. 

Yesterday, after dinner, I settled in my chair and knit some more ... I was tempted to push through and knit the last five inches so all I would have to do today was binding off and attaching the button. 

This morning I finished the last decrease repeat and measured the arm.  It was at the correct length so I just needed to switch needle size and knit the cuff. 

I opened my needle case and the slot for the needles I needed was empty. 


I knit almost the entire sleeve with the wrong size needles.  

That has been my crafting life since the new year started.  I don't even get it.  When I'm crafting I don't  feel stressed, or really any pressure to get the project done. Why do I keep having these issues? 

So at 6 a.m. I ripped back 16 inches worth of sleeve. I did compare the two sleeves and there was an obvious difference in gauge.  I know I would have never been happy with it as it was. 

Tonite, after dinner, I picked up the stitches and knit a few rounds.  I decided to call it for the night. Give myself a break from it. 


 Sooooo .... my goals for this week is to reknit the second sleeve and finish spinning the fiber that I didn't finish spinning in January. 

I'm going to take a bit of a break from most everything tonite, though.  


Tonite, I'm going to toss on "Community" and sew together the leftoever squares from my daydream wall quilt.  


I'm short two white squares.  I have no idea how I wound up with extra half-square triangles.  They will be ripped apart and pieced together to make full white blocks.  I'm thinking mug rug? Small pillow? Still deciding.

In other news for the day I had to make a run to town and the office.  I made the rounds to the stores and found the yarn I wanted for making the emotional support chicken. 


These two colors are probably the closest I will find for Furby's colors. I can start knitting the emotional support chicken at any time. 

I also picked up a string of fairy lights for the she shed. 


They need to be adjusted still. I'm sort of wishing I had picked up a longer string.  Oh well.  It is a nice pop of color and sparkle. 

One of the ladies at my work building called me about noon today.  There was some excitement after I had left. 

One of the guys had just returned from the post office.  He came through the front door and a moment later there was a terrific crash of glass breaking.  Some lady was going through the area and smashing windows of businesses and houses.  She's been arrested.  That is all I know. 

Someone from my work building posted a photo online. I was able to see the damage. 


It's not the first time there has been "excitement in my work building neighborhood.  I'm sure it won't be the last. 





3 comments:

Angelfire212 said...

I have had those days with crafts, where nothing seems to go right. It sucks. I usually put everything in a time out, and after a month or so, they all behave. 😁 I always hesitate to buy lights like that, as I never know how many to get and I am afraid that when I finally get around to getting more, they will be gone. I'm glad the excitement was after you left and no one was hurt. People do some crazy things!

Amnicon Studio said...

It's been a rough streak ... Maybe I'm getting all the kinks worked out early in the year?

I'm still not 100 percent certain how I want those lights to go. I may end up getting more soon. :-)

There's always something going on in my work building's neighborhood. It's in one of the less desirable neighborhoods of the city. Could be worse, though.

Becky G said...

Aw, man! That's a bummer about the sleeve.

We had a bit of excitement around here last weekend when a couple of gangs started shooting at each other. Not for the first time, I'm glad I don't live in town!