Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The design is firming up

In my mind the design has fallen together in a way that was not originally conceived. I'm not surprised by that. My first idea was pretty grand and I knew it probably wasn't realistic. I have constantly reminded myself that it doesn't have to be complicated to work out. I want just enough interest so that the person knitting it isn't bored. Miles and miles of stockinette or garter stitch it is not. But I don't want someone to decide it's boring midway through. Midway through is kind of the most significant thing about it.

I haven't received any books from the library. Now I'm a bit nervous about that. What if I don't see anything in there. What if I see something that completely changes my thinking?

There is at least a couple more swatches to go before I can start charting and working the design, I think.

No comments: