Monday, March 8, 2010

Knitting Olympics project done!

Ice Queen from

Yarn was Schulana Kid-Seta by Skacel company. It is 70% mohair and 30% kidsilk haze.

I finished this item a few days before the closing ceremony.

This pattern was easy and not. I mixed up a couple things but it still turned out great. Basically I meant to use the chart that called for the lesser amount of beads. I started using chart B and didn't realize that I mixed up until I was halfway done. I needed to get a second ball of yarn. I was ready to bind off and I ran out of yarn. After a quick trip to the LYS I was able to finish.

But now I have an almost full ball of this yarn. I'm going to set it aside until I decide on a project. I may end up combining it with another yarn.

I've never used true laceweight on a finished project. It's my first finished pattern with beads. I did a successful picot edging. I've never done a provisional cast on before. I didn't get the cast on to "zipper" correctly. I ended up doing a lot of snipping and carefully placing the stitches. I didn't have the correct sized 16 inch circular needle for binding off. So I did it magic loop. I have never done that before.

I learned so many new techniques. I've very glad I did this pattern for my knitting olympic project.

No comments: