Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New book - Unwind

A week or so ago I was on GoodReads and I was looking at random books lists trying to find books that are similar to the Hunger Games trilogy. Someone recommended the book 'Unwind,' saying that the book isn't mentioned too much on the books lists but is worth checking out.


Oh wow!

I started reading Unwind tonite and it has blown my mind already.

The gist of the story is that there was a second civil war in the U.S. and what came out of it was the Bill of Life which states life cannot be harmed or destroyed from conception to the age of 13. After a child turns 13 and until the age of 18 they can be 'unwound,' essentially organ harvesting.

There is a spin on this however. Life is not ending, it's just continuing on in a different form.

I have a feeling this book is going to impact my life in some way.

The book is following the paths of three teens who are on their way to the harvest camps to be unwound for different reasons. I'm eager to continue reading this book and see what ultimately happens.


1 comment:

Susie J. said...

ooooh, intriguing! I may need to add that to my "to read" list.