Saturday, August 25, 2018

Current WIPs and FOs

So I sort of feel off the knitting and spinning wagon the last few months.  Is that even the proper way to describe it?  Knitting and spinning block?

I tried my hand at Tour de Fleece ... and failed. I have about a bobbin and a half of spun yarn. Any time I've put my crafting on any kind of schedule, you might as well count on my not doing it. Seriously.

Fiber is corriedale. Feels really nice in the hand. 


I never started the "next project" I wanted to do, which was to make a shawl out of that lovely yarn I wound into a cake back in March, or so.

I have, however, finished the pair of socks I was working on. They are full of technical errors, thanks to my taking *so* long to work on them in between socks.  I'll be keeping them.

Vanilla socks
Started - Don't remember because I can't find my project book.
Completed: August 19, 2018, or there abouts
Needle: US 1, 2.5 mm
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici yarn
Colorway: Tea Party
Colors: Pinks, purples and blues

 

A few dishcloths have been cranked out.  Two standby patterns.

Granny square dishcloth. Made with leftover dishcloth yarn.

 

 Celtic cables dishcloth. Made using leftover dishcloth yarn. I love this pattern and I don't think I will ever tire of it. This time around I cabled without a cable needle -- the entire thing. I'm so pleased to finally be able to do that. It just clicked this time around.


 

After the cables I decided I needed something fairly easy again.  I didn't want to start another pair of socks at the time.  I found a baby hat pattern.  Very easy and super quick. It's someone's version of the umbilical hat pattern.  I printed this one out but I forgot to include the designer's name or web address. Sorry.

Both hats were made with leftover KP felici sock yarn. One for a girl ...



And one for a boy ...


Both need to be blocked, so the curling will stop.

I have cast on a new pair of socks

Another pair of Vanilla socks
Needle: US 1, 2.25 mm for the cuff, 2.5 for the rest.
Yarn: KP Flelici
Colorway: Countess
Colors:  Purples


I have a mild itch to try another Baby Surprise Jacket.  Too bad I don't know anyone expecting. I'm not sure what I will do with the baby hats I knit. If I get enough together maybe I'll check around and see if an organizations collect them, or see if the hospitals collect them. 





No comments: