One of the things I like about being a consistent writer is that I have an easier time with deciding what to put to virtual paper to start my blog posts.
This isn't a coffee date, but I am drinking tea.
Sleepy time tea, if you must know. Will I stay awake long enough to write a blog post? Maybe.
And I think I just broke a cardinal rule of blog photos. I think I read somewhere that the first photo should be really eye catching. That coffee mug is more than 25 years old.
Oh well.
After a light evening of cross stitching I thought I should write something after almost two weeks since my last blog post.
I've been steadily busy with things. Not all things that are terribly exciting to write about.
On the health front, I've leveled up a bit on how I feel. So I've been a bit more active. I wish I could say I had this significant improvement and I'm doing *so* much better. I'm grateful for what improvements I have. It's slow going.
I took one day off work and went and participated in what I'm going to call a "Take your wife to work day." I went and worked with my darling husband for the day. It was fun. Well, as much fun as that particular work can be. It was a nice day, weather-wise and there was a nice view of a river for riparian entertainments when we had lunch.
I didn't have my phone with me so no photos of that one. Sorry.
One day we decided to try fishing before the work day started. I think we got to the lake just after 6 a.m. Nothing was biting. Pretty frustrating.
As I was pulling the kayak back to the truck I stepped into a hole that someone dug out in the sand, and down I went. It was one of those slow motion things where I knew I was going down as soon as I felt my foot step in to that hole. I didn't feel anything when I landed. I think I might have even laughed a little bit.
I certainly felt it the next morning. Ugh. ...
And yes, I made it back home with time to spare before clocking in for the day.
One weekend we decided it was time to head out to the back 20 and put fresh batteries in the game cams and make sure nothing was destroyed by bears.
We found hazelnuts ...
We realized we haven't spent much time back there this summer. Things are a bit overgrown and still very green, considering the lack of rain we've been experiencing.
Fortunately no damage to the shelters.
When I put fresh batteries in the game cams I was surprised to see the cameras were still turned on. We forgot to shut them down when we finished hunting last year.
It was fun going through the thousands of photos. There were some that were interesting and I'm going to share them here, in no particular order.
Tom turkeys.
Porkie!
This one kind of hurts. But it's cool to see this fella made it through the hunting season.
Hopefully this fox will stay far away from the chickens. Though I have heard that one of my neighbors suffered a fox attack and lost some chickens.
Turkey closeup!
Kitteh!
Wolf? I've heard wolves have been spotted in the area.
Bear!
Another kitteh.
Looks like two porcupines arguing.
Same bear?
In other news, we picked our first cherries and raspberries.
We've been eating the raspberries as soon as we see them. I don't know if we'll be good and save enough for a small batch of jam. Eating them fresh off the canes is just SO good!
Cucumbers are coming fast and furious now. I harvested these this morning.
In past years we've collected a couple each evening and enjoyed them with ranch, or in salads. This year the plants are really productive and I think I'll finally have extra to make some dill pickles. Yum!
The weather this week was not very conducive to recording a garden journal video. I may be able to record one this weekend, depending on how things go.
Yes, I have been crafting. My crafting has taken a nosedive. I'm okay with that, however.
My USA 250 cross stitch.
And my Farmyard Friends. I finished July's assignment. It was a deceptive amount of stitches. More than 600, I think. It took me three evenings to stitch these five quilt stars.
When I went to tuck the girls in tonight, I remembered my phone so I could take a photo.
They weren't too impressed with me.
I'm glad I took my phone with me. The sky was gorgeous tonight.
I tried taking photos over by the garden. This was the only one that turned out.
So I guess you get a bit of a sneak peek of the garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment