Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I've got it!

Remember the socks I tried knitting in March? The Hedera's. Well, since I didn't "get" that pattern I moved on and made the Blueberry Waffle socks and we know how those are turning out, grrrrr (nothing bad to say against the pattern, just the knitter :-) )

Well, I decided I would make the Branching Out scarf from knitty.com. Naturally I didn't get that either. So I went to a BB and basically said "Help!" They were kind enough to break it down to me and tell me that YO's are just that -- a yarn over, no need to knit after you bring the yarn to the front. As DS would say "Oh mine gosh!" The clouds parted and the sun came out. I GET IT! I so totally get it now. I knew that I had to be doing something wrong but couldn't for the life of me figure it out. I went to knittinghelp.com and had looked at the video showing a YO many times but I since they showed a knit stitch right after doing a YO I thought that is what you did.

Needless to say I am very happy and excited about this now. I can't wait to try the Hedera's again but I'm NOT looking forward to doing the rib stitch at the top. Might not be so bad if they weren't on U.S. size 1 dpns ... :-)

No comments: