Monday, November 3, 2008

FO ~ Bellatrix socks

One of my dear friends asked me to make her a pair of socks. She chose Bellatrix socks. It took me a lot longer than I anticipated but my friend was a good sport about the whole thing. She's an artist so she knows good things take time.


I was a good girl and I swatched for gauge first. I got gauge on the bigger U.S. 1 DPN's

The drop stitch took me a little bit to get. Since I have never done a pattern on two circs the pattern "recipe" kind of stumped me. But I made some adjustments and made it work. Now that I feel comfortable doing that to a pattern there are a few things I would do differently next time to a pattern that is not set up for DPN's. Oh process of learning :-)



I used trekking xxl sock yarn UPC# 172927. I had the ball band stashed away. DS got into my knitting stuff and now I can't find it. You can find this at Webs.



2 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

They're way fabulous and I love them!!! Thank you again Marcy!!!

Jess P. said...

They look great!! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to check them out. :)