Monday, November 3, 2008

Progress ~ Seascape stole


Okay, there's a little bit of drama to this project. I was going full tilt on this when I realized that I had messed something up. I set it down cause I didn't have the brain power to think on it. When things cooled down I went back to it and realized that I had no clue where I was in the repeat. I fretted. I put it back down. I worked on something else. I picked it up, ripped it back a bit. Set it down. Pondered what I should do. I didn't want to rip it all the way back, especially once I realized had more than half of it done.

I figured "I can do this." So I sat down for a couple hours with it one night last week and worked it all out. And I did it! I figured out where I was in the pattern. Once I finished the 4th repeat I stuck a lifeline in there and haven't looked back.

I am now on row 15 of the 5th repeat. This project has been a treat for sure. I kind of wish now I hadn't made it in acrylic yarn, but it makes it easier for me to give as a gift since I know someone can wash it and not shrink it or ruin it.


Here is a horribly exposed image that shows the detail of the design. I was looking at the designers patterns on Ravelry and he has designed some really gorgeous stuff. His Web site is here.


1 comment: