Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kindness of a co-worker

In my work building, just down the hall, is a very nice lady.  I found out about 6 months ago that she throws pottery.  A few months ago I asked her if she would be interested in making a supported spinning bowl and to let me know what she would want for her time, etc.

Today she knocked on my door and brought me the cutest little bowls.
 

Each of them are about 3 inches across.  Absolutely darling. 



I told her I couldn't decide between the two.  You know what she told me? 



"Keep them both. I made them for you"  


 That was so nice of her!

Now I just need a supported spindle to go with them. I know which one I want.  It's just a matter of hitting the shop at just the same time there is an update.

I think that these bowls need a pretty little Spanish Peacock to spin in them. :-) I have my heart set on a Tibetan spindle.


 

No comments: