Sunday, January 3, 2016

Back to grind

Tomorrow I have to go back to work. The last two weeks have been good.  I feel refreshed and not like crying about having to go back to work.  Hey, at least I'm being honest, right? The next six weeks of work are going to be busy for me.  I'm glad I had the chance to decompress before the busyness.

Books ... I got "Sense and Sensibility" from the digital library and started reading it on my kindle. While I was reading it, I was thinking how odd the story was. I haven't really read or watched anything Jane Austen.  Last night I was reading and got to a point in the story where I stopped and thought "What the heck is going on?" 

To my chagrin, I checked out "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters" from the library. I don't even know HOW I managed to mess this up. So, I went over to Amazon and purchased a real version of "Sense and Sensibility."

Since this is my last day of vacation I decided to do some baking.  I made a coffee cake recipe from my Betty Crocker book. It rose higher in the middle than the sides.  I don't know what happened here. It tastes good, that's what counts.


 

I also made some bread.  The loaf didn't turn out very pretty so I didn't bother to snap a photo.

We had to drive into town and pick up a few things.  I took advantage of being the passenger and worked on my Harvest cardigan. The yoke is all down.  This project has been going easier than I thought it would.

No comments: