This morning I nursed a cup of coffee and wached Dennis the Menace (The black and white version) for a while. Then I got ready for the day and we headed over to my Mother-in-Law's for a short visit.
Once we returned home home we took care of some homesteading and chicken chores. I decided to try making mini-quiche for supper. They turned out well, which is good. I've been thinking about making a batch of these once a week, or so, for breakfasts-to-go. My husband discovered pepperoni was excellent on them.
Once supper was eaten, we all pretty much chilled out and watched shows on Netflix. I did some knitting. I'm still chugging along on the Harvest Cardigan. Three repeats on the yoke are done. Six more to go.
I haven't decided if this will be a home-only project or if I will tote it around with me. I think I would be able to bring it out in the wild and not lose track of where I am in the pattern.
The kindle has been charged up and my first book of the year has been downloaded. Nevermind all the other hundred of books I have on it. I need to read "Sense and Sensibility" Well, not need, exactly. In recent months I've been thinking of all the books that are considered classics. Yet, when I think about them, I think "Only Junior and High Schoolers read those books." A few years ago I tried listening to "Pride and Prejudice" through Librivox and I was hopelessly lost. I will try to read through a few of the books, instead of listening to them. Which will mean I need to find some light hearted stuff for the commute.
Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy
1. Getting to sleep in. When the alarm went off at 5:30 there was no way I'd be able to drag myself out of bed.
2. My son showing me his "super awesome" dance. It was like he took four different dance styles and mashed them together.
3. We haven't had any sub-zero temps so far this year. Ha!
4. After three years, I'm finally working on a cardigan/sweater project. I'm super excited and nervous about the final product.
5. The chickens "talking" to me, when I go into the coop.