Saturday, December 30, 2017

If we were having coffee ... Farewell 2017. Hello 2018

This type of blog post is for when I have a lot of little things I want to share, or when I feel the need to catch up. 


So, grab your coffee/beverage of your choice. One of these days I'll actually take a photo of myself holding a cup of coffee for these posts. ... One day. ... But today is not that day.

Currently in my cup is water.  I'm trying to be a good girl. Sorry, no photo this time.

If we were having coffee ... I'd wonder where to start.  I've been so in my own head the last few months. I've been crafting a little.  Mostly I was working on a sweater project, and I finished it in November. November 17, to be precise.


Otherwise I was working on a few dishcloths, a baby-sized blanket and a project for my coworker, who is expecting next March. It will soon be completed and sent off.

Currently I'm working on a pair of vanilla socks made out of Knit Picks Felici yarn.

 

The other day I updated my knitting journal. I've made 43 yarn-related items this year.  That seems incredible to me. I haven't been doing much sewing, or any of the other things. Busy-busy, and I've had the projects sitting off to the side for so long that it will take me a bit to get reacquainted with where I am on the project. 

I've also been reading a lot.  However, I've taken a break from reading this last week. I've been reading so much that I don't know if I should bother listing all the books.  I can't recall all that I've read.  It was one book right after the other. Lots of cozy mysteries before bed, to help me fall asleep. 

What has been occupying a lot of my time is my puttering in the kitchen. I've been experimenting with Instant Pot recipes. I can now make a tasty cheesecake and regular cake in the instant pot, among other delicious things.

All the while I've have been thinking "I should write about this." I've been hesitant about writing this year, if I'm honest with myself. A few comments said in life got me wondering whether I should share about all the things I'm up to, and what's going on.  I know I shouldn't care, because this is my little corner of the Internet and no one is being forced to read.  But it got me thinking about stuff.  Life.  All the things. We all have those moments, right? Well, because of my wonderments, I've written so little this year. This will be blog entry number nine.

Well, I've decided to heck with all that. 2017 was a slightly crazy, up and down year. The year started with my work announcing that a reorganization was needed, which left many things up in the air until the middle of the year, to my deciding in the middle of the year that I wanted to lose weight, making myself a priority, and being successful, to a few other bits of news and surprises for friends and family. Oh, yeah, and the world totally losing it's mind because everything is now offensive.

So, here's to 2018, I've decided. All the ideas and plans I had for my little corner of the web, and other things - I'm wiping the slate clean. Things are going to have a fresh start, come January 1.  One day at a time, enjoy the little things, and focus on the good things.

See you in the new year!


No comments: