Monday, July 9, 2018

No time for coffee dates

Life has been going at full speed since spring came to my area. At least that is how it feels for me.

Baby chicks being taken care of. Baby kittens going off to their forever homes. Spring fever in general ...


This little one was taken by my sister-in-law.  His name is "Fast" Eddie.  Oh my gosh, he is a little spitfire.  So adorable and sweet. Into mischief no matter what.  Then he comes to you, purring away, and you can't be upset.

I have no recent photos of the chicks we were hatching out.  We did keep 20-some birds for ourselves, to replenish our flock for egg laying. The younger birds are still segregating themselves from the older birds.  At some point we will have them all in the same coop.

We've added to the animal menagerie.

My son has two rabbits.  Hoss and feffer.


Hoss is the one with brown fur.  Feffer is the grey one.


They love snuggling with each other.

 

Their adult coats are coming in and now Hoss looks like he has a unibrow and looks angry all the time.  When I see him I can't help but laugh.



I have some sad news.

Our favorite roo, Mama's Boy, passed away a few weeks ago.  One of those things where they are fine, and then they aren't.  We said our good byes and put him down.  The farm yard just isn't the same without him.

 

I also stopped crafting for a good long while. Anyone who knows me well knows that this is a sort of a big deal.  There was just too much going on and a few things had to go. 

I recently picked the needles up again and am slowly working on a vanilla sock.

 

I have to find the ballband for this one.  All I can tell you is that it's Knit Picks Felici yarn.

I also decided to participate in Tour de Fleece this year.  My goal is to spin at least 15 minutes a day. I think I can squeeze 15 minutes in.  I have some beautiful corriedale fiber that has been sitting in stash for four years.  Ultimately I'd like it to be a sweater, but first things first. It has been ages since I've have spent any significant amount of time with the wheel.


Things have been happening around the homestead, but I've been going, going, going and when I do have a few moments, my mind is on things other than writing.

Routine.  My routine has been discombobulated and I'm slowly getting back to what feels like routine.






1 comment:

Kelsbels said...

I hear you on life being discombobulated! That has been the story of my life lately. Glad to see your update!