Monday, April 9, 2018

A mostly quiet weekend at home

The weekend weather wasn't conducive for outside activities.  Saturday we decided to make feed run to Rice Lake.  The girls are running low on feed, and we needed meat producer for the meat birds.


"We heard there would be food."


Sunday the weather wasn't much better, until the afternoon. By then I didn't feel like doing much of anything. 

My copilot cowl got a lot of attention.  I'm almost done.

 

I am starting to feel like I'm playing yarn chicken.  I just feel like I may not have enough yarn. I'm halfway through my last repeat, and then another border set. Fingers crossed. 

When I was tidying up my craft room, which is a mess again, I wound up the yarn for my next project.


I decided to take today off.  Lots of things that needed attention and I decided it was time to take care of them all.  Most everything was taken care of. ...

One of the things I did today was to stop my my mother-in-law's place, and I was able to record a quick video of the kittens.  They are growing super fast and they are getting to the stage where they want to explore.  As soon as they figure out how to climb out of the box, I'm sure they will be giving their mom fresh grey hairs.


As soon as the kittens fell asleep, Miss Kitty crawled out of the box, went to the middle of the kitchen floor, and promptly passed out. I was able to watch her dream, too. Then she popped her head up, like she could read my mind, and gave me a look that said "I was NOT sleeping!" Then she put her head back down and closed her eyes.


I think she will be happy to have her kittens go to their new homes.  They are really wearing her out.  She's been losing weight and she's always hungry.  Not to mention she's getting chewed on now, and the kittens are all over here, so she can't get a break, unless she steps away. 

Speaking of "babies" ...

All the baby chicks are doing well.





These guys are still in the house, because it's still too nippy outside for them, I think.  Even though we do have plenty of room out in the coop.


They are a quiet bunch.  I have to frequently look on them, to make sure things are okay.


The meat birds are getting feathers


They definitely don't want to be held anymore.

The other babies are having a blast in their space.


Their feathers are starting to come in.  There are so many different feather patterns, and they are pretty!


Meanwhile, the incubator will go into lock down in less than five days. 

No comments: