Sunday, February 20, 2022

Spring fakeout

 Today we had a beautiful day. When I woke up the temperature was in the mid-20s (F), and climbing. 

My husband and I took a trip to town and went to Menards to pick up some supplies. 



I couldn't help but swing by the seeds section even though I already purchased seeds for this year's garden. 


My husband came over and started looking. He decided we needed more. 



I certainly will not say no to more seeds!

We got the rest of what we needed and then headed out. 

That sun! Oh my gosh! The combination of nicer temperatures, blue sky and sun is absolutely irresistible during this time of year. 


After returning home I immediately switched over to solar power, and started the dishwasher and threw in a load of laundry. I get a big kick out of being able to do these things with solar power.  It's the little things, sometimes. 

I spent time cleaning off the back deck and the front stoop.  Which is kind of silly because we are supposed to get a huge snow storm tomorrow.  

For a little bit I get to enjoy actually seeing the wood planks that make up the deck.  I was so tempted to drag out a kitchen chair and sit out in the sun for a while.  I left all the outdoor chairs in spots where they inevitably got covered in snow. Boo!

When we went out to restock the wood rack I brought Furby out with me.  I didn't have my phone with me, so there are no pictures.  She sat on the back of the ATV and basked in the sun, while making sure we were stacking wood into the trailer the proper way. I imagine she's looking forward to official spring as much as we are. 

The rest of the day was fairly chill and I spent part of the evening working on my cardigan, and receiving the stink eye from Furby.  

Let me tell you, Furby is a master of the stink eye, and she begs like a dog if she sees you have food. 

The other night I had an English muffin with peanut butter.  She just stood there and stared at me. I eventually gave in and broke a piece off for her.  She started doing her happy chattering and devoured the piece.


In this photo she's looking at me with her good eye, seeming to think "I can see you have food.  I can't *believe* you aren't sharing with me. Can't you see I'm practically wasting away here?"



No comments: