Wednesday, January 26, 2022

WIP Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022

 I've been a little busy with the hand crafts this past week. 


Name: Sparkle
Designer: Forbidden Fiber Co
Started: 1/4/22
Finished: 
Stitched on: First attempt was on 14 count black Aida cloth. Second attempt is 14 count hand-dyed Aida cloth, dyed by me. 
Stitch count: 224 w x 174 tall
Stitched Size: 12.5 x 16 approx.
Floss: DMC 3865, 23, 3756, 27 or blanc etoile, D168 Diamant 

I got a start on this project.  As you can see, I've got a word done. I started working on "Sparkle" and things kind of gone off the rails. I was trying to outline the words, so I could fill everything in. I went off count somewhere and I couldn't fudge it. I had to rip back all my stitches and the filled in parts.  Then I was trying to stitch something else and two lines wouldn't line up.  I don't know where I went wrong, but I think *think* it's all okay now. Thankfully, the diamant thread is easy to rip out.

I don't know how many hours I've put into this, too many to have such little progress. I basically went backwards. 

Next up, my vanilla sock. 



Project Name: Vanilla socks
Started: 1/4/22
Finished: 
Designer/Source:
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Prints
Colors: Looks like tutti fruiti
Required Amount: 
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 1 (2.5 mm)
Gauge: 
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: Col 45; 160 3224

I haven't made much progress on it.  I knit two or three rows on it.  An old podcaster trick, I suppose.  It's progress, nonetheless.

Finally, my Armande cardigan.




Project Name: Armande Cardigan
Started: 1/4/22
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Knitty.com
Yarn: Cascade 220 superwash
Colors: Red; No. 809
Required Amount: 6 skeins (1,320 yards) However, I have 5 skeins *fingers crossed* 1100 yards
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 4 (4.5 mm)
Gauge: didn’t swatch. I’m living dangerously
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: Lot1511089

I made pockets!  




This is such a cool design element, whatever it's called.  It never occurred to me that pockets could be knit in place like this. 

I've made it pretty far since I last shared. Once I got past the pockets it started feeling a bit like I'm zooming through.  There are some shaping decreases and I think it's going to look very nice with that little design touch. 


I've knit about 8.5 inches of the body. I haven't looked too far ahead in the pattern. My guess is I will be doing some straight knitting for at least a few more inches, before splitting for the arm holes, or something. 

I didn't work on anything else this past week.  I've got a few ideas percolating for a couple sewing projects. Quick things. Well, "quick" and I don't really hang when it comes to sewing. 

In other news, it was a cold one today. My area is currently experiencing a cold spell.  When I woke up this morning it was -17 degrees Fahrenheit out there. It's warmer now.  The wind is blowing a bit and that makes all the difference. Furby and I stuck close to the wood stove and I made myself a pot of tea.  I haven't done that in ages. 


Years back, when I discovered "good tea" and there was something out there besides the Lipton stuff (Not that there's anything wrong with Lipton) my mother-in-law found this little Tetsubin tea pot and gave it to me.  I LOVE this pot and have never seen another like it. I can't remember where the cat tea cup came from. It eventually wound up in my Mother-in-law's cupboard.  When she passed away and we were cleaning things out, I immediately grabbed it.  I use it for hot chocolate and tea and it reminds me of all the times I sat at her kitchen table, jabbering away and her listening and smiling at all I had to say. 

Now I sit and tell all my secrets to Furby. She's a good listener.  

No comments: