Wednesday, January 19, 2022

WIP Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022

I wanted to start posting WIP Wednesday updates.  Since this is my first WIP post of the year, I obviously couldn’t get my stuff together. Oh well. 


I’ve got a vanilla sock that I work on when I’m the passenger in the car. It got a lot of attention at the beginning of the month. Now … not so much. 



There is about an inch to go before I can start working the heel flap. 

Project Name: Vanilla socks
Started: 1/4/22
Finished: 
Designer/Source:
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Prints
Colors: Looks like tutti fruiti
Required Amount: 
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 1 (2.5 mm)
Gauge: 
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: Col 45; 160 3224


Next up is a sweater.  Yes, you read it right, a sweater. 





Project Name: Armande Cardigan
Started: 1/4/22
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Knitty.com
Yarn: Cascade 220 superwash
Colors: Red; No. 809
Required Amount: 6 skeins (1,320 yards) However, I have 5 skeins *fingers crossed* 1100 yards
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 4 (4.5 mm)
Gauge: didn’t swatch. I’m living dangerously
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: Lot1511089


The yarn is working up nice. I’ve worked on this most evenings last week. It’s going slow, though.  I think because I can’t just go *zoooom* when I’m knitting the knit side. I’ve never made pockets, much less pockets as you go. It’s a great design element. 

I started a project last year which will probably take me a good chunk of this year to accomplish. Someone on my Instagram feed shared a photo of some charity knitting or crocheting (I can’t remember which) and they were wee little hats and wee little blankets for a non-profit called “Bundles for Babies.”  According to their Instagram bio: “A community serving families facing infant loss by preparing hospital bundles to help ease the pain of the moment no parent can prepare for.” Their website is www.makebundlesforbabies.org/




I have a goal of making a dozen sets of hats and blankets. 

Do you think it matters of the hats are knit and the blankets are crochet?  I’ve tried to make crochet hats, as you can see in the photo, and I’m not sure I’m getting the crochet hats to the right size. I have settled (I think) on a 2 x 2 ribbed knit hat. 



These are the yarns I’m working with. I fell for the green yarn. It’s super soft.  However, I’m not getting it to work up right.  I’ll need to find something else for it, maybe. I’m open to suggestions. 

The last thing in my cross stitch that I had to rip because the aida cloth was too small. 

This is what it looked like. 


Name: Sparkle
Designer: Forbidden Fiber Co
Started: 1/4/22
Finished: 
Stitched on: First attempt was on 14 count black Aida cloth. Second temp is 14 count hand-dyed Aida cloth
Stitch count: 224 w x 174 tall
Stitched Size: 12.5 x 16 approx.
Floss: DMC 3865, 23, 3756, 27 or blanc etoile, D168 Diamant 

I tried ripping the DMC floss out of the Aida cloth. I didn’t want to just toss the fabric, cause that felt wasteful to just toss it.  Well, when I was about two-thirds done with ripping the stitches out, I realized I had ripped the fabric. Drat! 

Today, because I had the day off, I decided to try dyeing Aida cloth.  I followed the tutorial from the Real Housewives of Cross Stitch. 


Both sides of the cloth. 


It was easy and fun.  I think I nailed it! 




No comments: