Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Works in Progress #5 for 2023

Let me start first by telling you about the Easter weekend the really nice weather we had. 

We had nice weather! Ha!

The sun came out, the temperatures rose, and the snow started melting.  

Easter dinner was lovely.  We made a roast and a few sides.  


it was cooked in one of my cast iron skillets. 

I watched the first few episodes of "The Chosen."  Now I know why some people are so smitten with it.  It's a very interesting series, and I was bouncing back and forth watching it in the living room and in the kitchen.

My hubby and I spent a lot of time outside. Not that we could do much, other than sit in the sun.  So much snow still!

We also decided it was a good weekend to rewatch the original Star Wars movies that came out way back when.  He's been listening to some audio books and was curious to see how the movies would be,  now that he had some backstories.  We enjoyed them a lot more than we thought we would.  

While we were watching the movies I worked on some stitching of the cross stitch and knitting kind. 



Project Name: Vanilla socks

Started: Jan. 7, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: My own pattern
Yarn: Patons Kroy sock yarn
Colorway: Mexicala stripes
Colors: oranges, red, purples and a smatter of blue and white
Required Amount: Two skeins of sock yarn. 100 grams
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 1 (2.25 mm)
Gauge: beats me
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: WL238520


I finished the first sock!  And look at that healthy start on the second one! I don't have much more to say about it, other than "wee!"



Then my cross stitch ... 



Started: Jan. 15, 2023
Finished: 
Fabric: Aida cloth 14 count Hobby Lobby Zweigart.
Floss: Using called for Classic Colorworks fancy floss
Colors: Black, pink, red, teal, green
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself

I got some work done on the barn.  It went slower than I would have liked. I was doing the details on the flowers and then had to keep recounting the stitches for the barn front. 

Progress from last time. 



As the weather warms up, the more energy I feel I have to do things, rather than being a lump. (Like I ever am a lump)

Speaking of the warming weather -- I'm so happy for it! The main downside is all the busted branches that are appearing as the snow goes away. 

Weekend weather calls for rain. As long as the weather is decent I will probably be outside, doing clean up. And probably catching up on the seed starting that I need to do. 

A few days ago I made a second garden vlog.  I'm tweaking things just a bit. I'm starting to feel a tiny bit more comfortable talking. Can you tell?  


Technically, could my little cornish cross chicks be considered a Work in Progress?  I think so.  On Saturday, or Sunday, I took this little video of them. 


This past weekend I took the time to organize my youtube videos into playlists. It's a lot more tidy over there.  Now if you want to watch Furby listening to music, you won't have to scroll through them all. 

Speaking of Furby, she is loving this weather, too!

I brought her outside with me while I was playing over by the garden. 


She was having a blast. Scratching in the soil, room to stretch her legs.  Best of all -- sun! 

No comments: