Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Works in Progress Wednesday #4 for 2023

 Back in January I was so full of piss and vinegar, and it included plans of doing a WIP post once a week.  

January I had vacation time and thought "Oh, I can do this, and this, and this, and it won't be hard at all. 

I was so young and idealistic! 

March feels like a wash. With all the snow moving that was going on I did not feel like doing much crafting in the evenings. 

Things are starting to slightly pick back up, however. 


First on the WIP parish is my crochet blanket


Project Name: Inspired by Joy
Started: Dec. 26, 2022
Finished: 
Designer/Source: The Crochet Crowd
Yarn:
Color A - Red Heart - White
Color B - Caron One Pound - Rose 
Color C - Caron Jumbo - Rosewood
Colors: white and rose colors with hints of green.
Required Amount: I purchased two skeins of each color
Needle/Hook Size: 5.5 mm /  I/9
Gauge: beats me ; pattern calls for 13 dc x 6 rows = 4″ [10 cm]
Made For: Myself, maybe
Dye Lots: Will find that out later.

Crochet ... why do you hate my wrists so?  The last part of part 4 was rough.  I had double-crochet shells and there is so much wrist twisting.  Is there a way to make shells where I'm not constantly twisting my wrists? Or is this a thing for everyone?

I am very pleased to say that I am done with part 4. 63 rows down, eight more rows to go! 

When I started the section with the shells I discovered I was making more shells than what the row called for. It was about halfway through when the ruffling became noticeable, and I decided it was going to become a design element. No WAY was I going to rip it back.

Next is my vanilla socks.



Project Name: Vanilla socks
Started: Jan. 7, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: My own pattern
Yarn: Patons Kroy sock yarn
Colorway: Mexicala stripes
Colors: oranges, red, purples and a smatter of blue and white
Required Amount: Two skeins of sock yarn. 100 grams
Needle/Hook Size: U.S. 1 (2.25 mm)
Gauge: beats me
Made For: Myself
Dye Lots: WL238520

I haven't touched my sock in ages. In fact, I forgot what project bag it was in. It took me a while to track it down. 

The project is now back in rotation. Maybe this one sock will be done by the end of the month? 



Cross stitch fun is next!



Started: Jan. 15, 2023
Finished: 
Fabric: Aida cloth 14 count Hobby Lobby Zweigart.
Floss: Using called for Classic Colorworks fancy floss
Colors: Black, pink, red, teal, green
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself

I started out *so* strong with this chart.  Then I lost steam with all that dark text.  It didn't help that I wasn't going to finish by the end of February.  I think the next Month to Month chart I'll do is the August one. 


Last thing is my snowflake



Project Name: #723 Snowflake
Started: Jan. 1, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Tiny Cross Stitches
Fabric: Aida cloth 14 count Hobby Lobby Zweigart. Aida has silver threads running through it. 
DMC floss in called for colors
747 ; 964 ; 995 ; 996 ; 3756 ; 3761 ; 3843 ; 3846 ; B5200
Colors: blues
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself. Maybe. I haven't decided yet if I want to give this away. 

I have made a lot of progress on my snowflake.  Then it hit me that this is *way* hard and I didn't have the headspace for it.  I will love how it will look finished.  Whenever I get it finished.  So ... no progress on it since my last WIP post. 




No comments: