Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bad knitting week and some garden babble

Earlier this week I had a mishap with my sock and I couldn't fix the error. I frogged it.

A couple days ago, after six hours of work (not consecutive, of course) I had a misshap with my stole. Not my fault. But I was in the middle of a row in the project and the stole got flipped and a needle pulled out. No way of fixing it.

So that's been frogged.

What is up with the week?

And the stole is the first project where I have really felt the pain of having to rip something back. I was just starting to see the pattern and I'm just so excited to have this piece done so I can wear it.

The sock I started over again last night but I didn't get too far into it. The good news about the sock is that I've learned how to use Judy's magic cast on. I went to the knitty.com article and learned it. I tried watching the Cat Bordhi video on youtube. But honestly, all the talk about the vine, the sideways clock and the funny voices didn't do anything to help me learn this technique. Plus it was slow moving. I think I would have understood it better if it flowed faster. But that's me.

Well, I'm not sure how much knitting I'm gonna get accomplished this next week. I get to start showing the new people at work the ropes and routine of putting the paper out. I also intend to start getting more exercise in so the knitting is going to be put a bit further down on the list for a while.

Meanwhile, my garden seems to be doing good. DH mentioned how I used to be so proud of my garden and how I used to take all kinds of photos, which is true. I haven't taken much photos this year. This year I've got all these baby Jacob's Ladder popping up.

Since having a child and always having to mind what he's doing outside (and not running out into the street) I've been kind of lax on the photo taking and garden care. Gardening was my first passion. But the last four years I haven't been able to concentrate on it.

The green houses around here have not too much of a selection this year. I haven't gone to the higher end green houses yet. But I'm sure they are pricier. This coming fall/spring I intend to give it yet one more shot on starting plants indoors. Seeing Chrissy's success at the indoor stuff has just spurned me on. I certainly have the space. I have the lighting. It's no longer freezing in our house during the winter. I have no excuse. DH has even encouraged me and reminded me that I have two greenhouses, lol. The only thing I have to lose is the investment of time and the money I put into buying the seeds.

No comments: