Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Busy organizing

I gave myself August off (you can't see the air quotes) from knitting and spinning. That way, I figured, I could concentrate on the bounty that is coming from the garden. I am doing a bit of canning and processing. I'm also tearing through the house and cleaning/sorting/organizing.

Sept. 1 my son goes back to school and I'm sure it will take a while to get back into the school routine so I wanted to get some of this stuff taken care of before the "crazy" known as school starts.

It makes me sad as well. This summer went by way too fast. We didn't get to spend nearly as much time as we wanted out at our happy place. Most weekends it rained and one wants to sit indoors in a small cabin.

This past weekend we packed up and headed out there as soon as we got home from work. Oh, it was the perfect evening. Hubby was teaching our son how to cast a fishing reel. (Did I say that correctly?). Our son picked up on it pretty quick and was casting the nut tied on the end of the string pretty far. Now he needs to work on his aim a bit.

I was sitting by the fire when I looked up when I noticed the sky changed. I quick grabbed the phone and took this shot before running to get the good camera.


It was simply breathtaking. I haven't looked at the other photos yet but I'm really hoping they turned out.

Then on Sunday we had a visitor.


I was harvesting stuff from the garden (Yum) and setting it on the picnic table. I mentioned to hubby that there was a frog at the picnic table and my son heard the word "frog" while he was down at the creek and he ran as fast as he could to come check it out. Those two had a blast talking to and about the frog. I think Mr. Frog finally tired of it all and hopped into the grass. I'm pretty sure he said "Wow, what a jungle." I can only guess that it was his kind way of saying that we really need to cut the grass.

Another sort of exciting thing coming up is that I will be taking a camera class to learn how to use my office camera. I will learn how to use a Nikon D90 DSLR. It will be great to finally learn my way around that beast. I have no experience with D/SLRs. It will be an experience to say the very least.

No comments: