Sunday, September 16, 2012

Today's project and meeting neighbors

Today I helped my hubby with the building of a shed.  I don't know the fancy name for it, but it's a 10 x 12 metal shed.  We got it at Menard's a while back and last week the floor was built while I stained the doors in the house. 


It was a was a learning process and if we ever build another one it will go crazy fast compared to this time around. It's sturdy as heck though.  I dare any wind to try and blow it down!

The whole family participated.  My son put washers on the screws It felt like there were thousands of screws and bolts that needed washers (But I'm sure it wasn't that many).  His little fingers were perfect for it and because he was such a good helper he earned a few extra bucks for allowance.  He really was a good trooper today

The shed happens to be under a few Oak trees.  The acorns were falling all day until we got the roof on.  I can only imagine what it is going to sound like next fall.  With a couple exceptions it really is like the particular area was meant to have a shed there.  It was pretty level and the trees weren't too close. 

Today I also met the lady that lives *right across* the road from the new house.  Those neighbors have a hobby farm, I think.  Two horses, a few dogs, few cats, several chickens and a few geese.  Turns out there is a fox in the neighborhood and it's after her chickens.  She said she's been live trapping for several months and so far has caught only raccoons.  She thought my son would get a kick out of seeing a live one before she went down the road and released it. It was pretty calm, all things considered.  It was impressive to see how big the raccoon was. Probably as big as a Maine Coon cat.  The neighbor said this particular raccoon was the biggest she had caught so far. 

Tomorrow the vinyl for the kitchen is to be installed.  Exciting stuff! :-) I think after that they will start putting in the cabinets and the rest of the kitchen together.  The appliances were delivered yesterday.  I can't wait to see the kitchen all put together. 


No comments: