Thursday, September 18, 2014

A visit to the barnyard


Today when I came home the birds were out in the front yard, waiting for me to come home.  They don't do that often so it caught me by surprise. 

Then, when we were out in the front yard getting firewood, a bunch of them thought they would come out into the front yard and keep us company. 


Since the weather turned cooler and the days have shortened up the older ladies have taken to going to bed early.  It seems they are going in about 6:30 p.m.

I went in to check on them and I started singing and the girls looked at me as if there was something wrong with me.  I guess they don't appreciate my singing. ... Wouldn't be the first time.


 Meanwhile Buck was outside crowing up a storm.  I waited patiently for him to crow so I could get an "action" shot. 

I think he knew what I was trying to do because he didn't crow until I turned my back and started working on something else. 


I did catch him in mid-fill-the-lungs-with-air wing flap. 


Brewster was not impressed.


 We were tending the babies and set the waterer outside while we took care of some stuff inside the coop.  Some of the crew decided to take advantage and gather around the water cooler, so to speak.


Last night was my son's first night of religious ed.  He seemed to enjoy it fine.  I started a new adult rel. ed. class about Mary, which is pretty interesting. 

I also picked up "The Cana Mystery" again.  I'm feeling a bit "meh" about it so far. Can't quite but my finger on it.  I'll be finishing it though.

Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. This Meme:



2. Talking books with my coworker today.  I learned of a new author or two.

3. A delicious dinner tonite. It was hardly an effort thanks to my slow cooker.

4. Finding out that I can make applesauce without having to peel and core apples.  A bit silly, I know.  I'm wondering how I've gone this long without knowing this. Now I can't wait for some of the apples off the crab apple tree to be ready.

5. The fire that is currently going in the woodstove, and an audio book on the stereo.


No comments: