Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Getting the nest ready

I will be so happy when there is no frost on the car when I go out in the morning. This morning I thought "Oh, I don't have to worry about defrosting the car windows. It's above freezing."


Yeah ... I still had to do some scraping. Boo!

Yesterday at the library I picked up a new cozy mystery. "Pane and Suffering." I have read about 15 pages so far. The framework is still being set up. So far so good.


Last night my son had to paint something for one of his classes.  Since the watercolors were out I decided to pull out my Tiffany Stained Glass designs coloring book and started one of the pages.


I enjoyed the paining part very much. I'm not keen on how the "transparent paper" behaved under the watercolor. It started wrinkling up. I've stopped for now.  I will most definitely be whipping the watercolors out again soon.

Tonight I set up the incubator and it is currently going through a test run. Once I've verified the proper temperature the eggs will be going in tomorrow evening.  Then, in 21 days, plus or minus, I will have little baby chicks. 


And finally, I leave you with this:


Yeah baby! :-)




Daily 5 things of the day that made me happy

1. My son giving me his last chicken nugget. 

2. The first day of spring is one day closer.

3. Being able to sit and chat with good friends. 

4. Watching a few episodes of "All Creatures Great and Small" today. 

5. I have my health.


No comments: