Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The day that started out as a winter wonderland

This morning it was a winter wonderland outside.


On my way to town this morning. The air had a crisp, fresh and clean scent.

 

 If it was early December, I would have been awed by the drive this morning. So clean and pretty.

But it's late March, and I'm *so* ready for spring.


The last few years I've been expecting late March winter storms.  One last hurrah from mother nature.

No cars in the ditch this morning. The temperature was above freezing.  By the time I went home the sun was shining and it was 45 degrees F.

I took some time today to visit with my SIL and nephew, who were in from out of town.  The visit wasn't nearly long enough.

I was able to grab a photo and video of Miss Kitty and her babies.


Miss Kitty took several breaks from her babies today, and graces us with her presence, and I forgot how quick kittens grow. 


More chicks hatched out last night, and this morning.  Well, during the day too. When I arrived home after work there was no sound from the one incubator.  I opened it up to see what was going on and the chicks all started chirping as soon as they saw me.  I closed it back down and found my phone so I could take a short video.



Later in the evening a gentleman from the Brainard/Aitkin area came to get 30 chicks. He told us he has five grandchildren who wanted more chickens.  A fox got their first flock. Darn foxes.  Now the family has three geese, who will guard the barnyard from foxes, and protect these new guys.  He said one of the geese has bonded with the youngest grandchild and it's follows her everywhere and tries to snuggle with her. Aw!

It sounds like the chicks will have a lovely home and plenty of kids to play with them.

Before those chicks went to their new home, we had just over 50 chicks.  Wow.

Meat birds were supposed to be delivered to the feed store today. Due to the crappy weather the delivery has been delayed until tomorrow.

I restarted my Copilot cowl again.  One row along so far. 

The other day I forgot to include "Wolf Hollow" on my list of books, I think. This was a quick read for me. I read it before going to bed.  I cried a little at the conclusion.  The antagonist is *so* unlikable that I didn't feel one bit sorry for her when bad things happened.  But ... something else happens and I felt all sorts of feels for the character. A very good book.



No comments: