Thursday, March 29, 2018

The fat babies have landed

Yesterday I drove down to Hayward and picked up a box full of goodness.




A box full of adorable little Cornish X chicks. All my friends know we call the meat birds "fat babies."  Because ... well, because they get fat.


They are so soft, sweet and utterly adorable right now. In a couple weeks they will hit that awkward teenager phase.

This one snuggled up into my hair and fell asleep.  He was not happy to be woken up when I removed him. 

 

Look at that little face. So sweet and adorable.


Since this one was feeling chatty I took a quick video.


This morning we could tell we have Cornish X chicks in the house. I was thinking we'd have them in the house for a three weeks before moving them out to the little coop.  The time frame will need to move quicker because I'm not sure how long I can live with the smell of their little fluffy butts.


In the meantime, they will be getting lots of snuggling and attention.

In other news, we are supposed to get snow this weekend. Just in time for Easter. I'm hoping this will be the last storm.  I'm not sure how we will do an egg hunt with a fresh layer of snow on the ground.


No comments: