Sunday, January 6, 2019

I lived in a snow globe

Around New Year's Eve/New Year's Day my neck of the woods had some odd January weather.  Temps rose high enough that we had some rain.  Then the temps dropped and the rain started freezing and gradually turned to snow.

I woke up to a winter wonderland.  Too bad hubby and I had to move all that blasted snow.  He did an awesome job clearing it away and making paths to all the necessary places.


It was something to go to bed with no snow on the ground, and to wake up in a winter wonderland. 


When I took a drive I randomly stopped and took some photos.












The weather is forecasted for another round of this rain/sleet-turn-to-snow weather again, starting tonite.

In other news, back to work went all right.  My first day back was a work-at-home day. That helped ease the transition back to work after more than a glorious week of vacation. 

I've been puttering around with my knitting, weaving (squee!) and quilting.  I thought I was done with all my quilting squares.  Turns out I need to make four more. I've trimmed all the squares done and sewed together all the pieces and rows that I can.  My hope is that I will get those last four squares done this week, and the entire top sewn together. Then I'd like to have it completely done by the end of the month.  Crud, I just gave myself a deadline. 

No comments: