Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Sorry for being MIA

I'm sorry for being MIA and not saying a peep about it. Once Thanksgiving happened, life went crazy.  As it tends to do this time of year.

I know I'm not the only one who has life and routine go totally off the rail at the start of the holiday season.

And the time went so swiftly! It is sort of hard to believe it's the new year and 2019.

Wow.  It's 2019. *sigh*

This last week I've been on vacation with family and we've been running here and there, trying to take advantage of the nice December weather.

My boys have discovered ice fishing. I sit in the truck and knit and watch videos on my phone.  Until the weather got *really* cold.  Then I stayed home.

What to say ... so  many things going on.

We had a lovely Christmas with family on the Sunday before Christmas.  Christmas Day we had a meal at home, with just the three of us. My main Christmas gift was a Kromski-32 inch rigid heddle loom.  Can you believe it?  Never in my dreams did I think I'd ever want to weave.  Something clicked in November and I decided I wanted to do this thing. 

My husband found the loom for me on Ebay, for a really great price.  Felt like it took forever to finally arrive.  I've already made one project on it and I have a second project on it.

Here's Shadow, helping show off my first project. I'm amazed at how quick it goes. Naturally I did something wrong, and warped it backwards. ... Among other things.  But I took some time and fixed it.  It could be a small scarf, but I'm using it as a table runner.

 

Here's the warp of the next project.  I'm trying to take my time and do a good job.  I'm learning a whole new skill set, and a whole new vocabulary. 


My husband's main gift was an ice house for fishing, along with all the new toys, tools he needs to ice fish.  My husband and son have been spending a lot of time out on the lakes and they've pulled in some really big fish.  I don't have any pics on my phone, otherwise I'd share.

Oh, wait.  I do have one. ...


Anywho, tomorrow it is back to the grind.  I feel ready, so I know I've had a long enough break. You know how it is. I don't take enough time off and I get into burnout mode. Thankfully this year's Christmas break was a bit on the long side, so it was good. 

You'll have to excuse me, I'm writing a bit stream of conscious right now.  Knitting has been happening.  I did complete a few projects.  But I'm going to save that stuff for a different day/post.  I'm hoping to record another video within the next week, or so.  It's been well over a month and I think I could fore more than an hour easily with just the crafting stuff. 

I noticed today on Facebook that a lot of people were sharing their goals and resolutions for the next year.  I haven't done any of that stuff.  Mostly I'm just looking to get back into some sort of routine. I've realized that I'm a creature of habit and routine.  Anything that knocks my routine off kilter, and the whole ship goes down. 

Quilting!  I've been cranking along on some quilt squares for a quilt I promised to make my son ... two summers ago. I've got four squares left. I want to get that all together before it's time to start hatching out chicks. I'm not sure if I want to tie the quilt, hand quilt it, or try my hand at some sort of machine quilting.  

No comments: