Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Episode 09 - Farewell to January

Welcome back! Thanks for visiting with me today. Grab your favorite drink and come sit a spell. 


It's been a few weeks.  Time seems to go by so fast right now.  

Works In Progress
Vanilla socks on 9-inch needle
Needles: U.S. 1 (2.5 mm)
Date started: Beats me. 
Yarn: Knitpicks Felici
Colorway: "Eclipse"



Crochet topped dishtowels
Started/Completed: January 2019
Hook size: G, 4 mm
Yarns used: Leftover Red Heart and Carons Simply Soft acrylics. 


In Stitches

Pat Sloan's Solstice MQAL from a few years back. I did my own thing with this idea/pattern/squares.  Made enough 12 inch squares to make a throw-sized quilt. 


Cross stitch

Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery MSAL from 2016.  The "Happily Ever After" sampler. 


Weaving

I've started two more tea towels. Not much progress since I've started. I have 15.5 inches on the first one. Using the same Peaches and Cream cotton I used in the first set I made. 




Books
Was listening to "The Cottage in the Woods," by Katherine Coville. I'm waiting for it to become available again.

Started listening to "The Dragon in the Sea," by Frank Herbert.

Next in the queue will be "Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer. I forgot they made a movie!  I hope they don't wreck the story. Here's the trailer

I'm currently reading "The Big Kitty," by Claire Donally. It's a new-to-me-series. 


Coop news

One of the baby roos is crowing.  He's got a deep baritone crow. 

From the hutch

We have two new rabbits. Loki and Thor.  The dark female is Loki.  Thor is the tawn-colored male.  Both are very sweet. 



Nature notes

Sick of the winter and cold. I chat about the birds who are visiting the feeders. Deer know hunting season is over. 

Homestead news
More venison sausage. 

Barefoot in the Kitchen
Not a lot going on.  The day I recorded I made a batch of Pain au Chocolate and a copy-cat version of Pizza Hut deep dish pizza.  Both were delicious. 

I forgot about my Pampered Chef stoneware.  I'm making an effort to use it. 

Coffee talk
This is a sample of what I chattered about.

Watching plenty of tv while we wait out the cold snap. 

Rediscovered an old movie. 

I chat about what I've done on vacation.

My son's birthday. 

No comments: