Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Episode 10 - Welcome back

Welcome back! Thanks for visiting with me today. Grab your favorite drink and come sit a spell. 

I recorded this podcast at the beginning of the month.  Then I got hit by a virus, followed by what I'm assuming is the flu.  My apologies for not posting this sooner. 

Finished objects

I wrapped up a pair of vanilla socks. 

Project: Vanilla socks
Pattern: My own
Started: July 10, 2019, or so.
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5 mm, circular needles
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici 
Colorway: Surf's up, Mostly blues with a stripe of purple


Notes: I made these socks a bit different.  I followed the pattern and it wasn't the correct way.  All the decreases are on top of the foot, instead of the usual on the side.  However, the socks fit really nice this way.  Did I unvent something?  


Pattern: Easy half circle shawl from LionBrand.com
Started: I don't know. 
Finished: Can't recall. 
Needle size: U.S. size 8, 5 mm
Yarn: Lionbrand Shawl in a ball
Colorway: Windchime


WIPs
Pattern: Nanner socks by Wendyknits
Started:  Let's say ... Aug. 31, 2019
Finished:
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5mm
Yarn: Knit Picks bare yarn I dyed bright yellow


Pattern: Lia sweater pattern from Knitty.com
Started: Let's say ... Aug. 25, 2019
Finished:
Needle size: U.S. 11, 8 mm
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash bulky
Colorway: Garnet Heather


Spinning
Currently working on some superwash wool for socks. I have plans to spin up a bunch of fiber for a sweater during "Spin Together" set for October. 


Book Chat
Started reading "Gaudy Night" by Dorothy Sayers. 


Coffee talk


I have figured out a way to load audio only so those who want to listen on the go can now do so. The RSS feed is slowly aggregating to the different podcatchers.  I admit, I don't know the first thing about this side of podcasting.  The hosting page is here: https://anchor.fm/amniconstudio.  The RSS feed is https://anchor.fm/s/69e4f5c/podcast/rss I don't know if I have to submit it to the Itunes store, or if it will eventually make it over there. 




2 comments:

Becky G said...

I finally got time to watch your podcast. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: how about a 30 minute podcast every week? What I was thinking to make this work is to divide your topics. For example, knitting, chickens, books on weeks 1 & 3, and spinning, garden, work, and coffee talk on weeks 2 & 4. It is hard for me to find time to watch an hour long podcast, especially during busy season at work, but I can watch a half our much more consistently.

Amnicon Studio said...

I appreciate the suggestion. I've actually thought this same thing. :-)

Course, this month I wasn't able to really try anything, due to being ill with one thing or another. Thank you.