Monday, September 30, 2019

September: The lost month

September is a month I'd sort of like to forget. 

It started out fine.  My son started school, and it sort of went downhill from there, for me. 

Actually, I can't lay the blame on the school, but that is where the fresh and new crop of germs was laying in wait.

I don't remember exactly which day it was I started feeling ill.  The first full week of September, maybe.  I caught a virus and that laid me out for well over a week. I was diagnosed with viral pharyngitis. My lymph nodes were swollen. My whole body hurt. Half my face swelled up. Then I started feeling a bit better, and was quickly knocked down by the flu. 

By that time, illness hit the entire household.  My son started with a sudden rash and the cold turned into pink eye. My husband caught the flu and he was pretty miserable.

Meanwhile, the last of the nice summer weather drifted past me as I was laid out on the couch, wishing the pain would go away. 

The fall colors have started. 


Currently the weather has been wet.  It started storming last night and I think most of the day.  The rivers are rising and roads in my county are closed, due to washout. 

A few things I learned this month: It's okay to let the housework go when you feel like you are at death's door.  (Okay that may be a slight exaggeration, but this is the longest I've ever been sick.) 

Also, it is entirely possible for me to sit and watch tv without having any knitting in my hands. I have done almost no knitting this month. It wasn't until this past weekend that I felt like picking the needles up. 

I also learned that it is entirely possible to live off of peanut butter and butter sandwiches. I know that may sound awful, but it was the one of the very few things I could eat and keep down. It's everything a body needs: Proteins, fat and fiber. The other thing I was living off of was chicken soup.

All the plans and ideas I had for September had to be let go.  I even missed bow opener for deer season. Yesterday was my first day sitting out and I was so worried I was going to have a setback. 


Nothing came to my deer blind.  *sigh* I take that back.  A lot of birds and one really noisy blue jay came and kept me company. 

Well, here's to a new month and a fresh start. 

No comments: