Thursday, December 19, 2019

Episode 13 - Patience

Welcome back! Thanks for visiting with me today. It's been a while since I recorded, thanks to Mother Nature, everybody being sick, and various other things that keep life interesting.

Grab your favorite drink and come sit a spell.  I have nothing to drink in this episode because I left it on the counter. 




To listen to an audio-only version go here, or click play below.  The audio-only version is also available on Apple PodcastsBreakerGoogle PodcastsOvercastPocketcastsRadioPublic, and Spotify



I called this episode "Patience" because I had to learn patience with a few knitting projects, a cross stitch project ... basically lots of the crafty things I was working on.  Anytime I ran into a problem, I had to stop, set the project down and walk away from it for a while. At a result, I do not have a lot of finished objects. 

FOs

Pattern: Lia sweater pattern from Knitty.com
Started: Let's say ... Aug. 25, 2019
Finished: Let's say ... Nov. 14, 2019
Needle size: U.S. 11, 8 mm
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash bulky
Colorway: Garnet Heather

Will not make this pattern again. The yarn didn't grow like I was sort of expecting.  I heard superwash grows. Knit it to pattern. *If* I was to make it again, I would make it longer in the body. 

This is the photo I mentioned in the video.




I mention:

Pattern: Nanner socks by Wendyknits
Started:  Let's say ... Aug. 31, 2019
Finished: Frogged permanently
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5mm
Yarn: Knit Picks bare yarn I dyed bright yellow


WIPs
Vanilla sock
Started: Let's say ... November 2019
Finished: 
Needle size: U.S. 1, 2.5 mm
Yarn: Nashua handknit socks yarn
Colorway: 7335
Dye Lot: 3555



Cross stitch

FOs

Chicken Joy by Priscilla Blain
14 count Aida cloth, purchased from Hobby Lobby
DMC floss in almost all the called for flosses.  There was one fancy floss and I substituted it for the blue. 



Sparkly Snowflakes
14 count Aida cloth, purchased from Walmart. Color reminds me of oatmeal or a real light grey. 
DMC floss.  None of the called for colors, since it is an Aurifill pattern.



YouTube channels/Flosstubers I mention

Kimberly Jolly at the Fat Quarter Shop

Fat Quater Shop's Flosstube. 

JavaGirl Stitches She does lovely finishing.  She also has three teenage sons, so I feel I'm getting a heads up on what might be coming my way. 

Brenda and the Serial Starter - These two gals are a hoot to watch.  I love how they interact with each other. 

Roladex Stitches -  She keeps it real and it's a bit of a breath of fresh air. I like that she's true, if that makes sense. 


This is the Ottlite I purchased to help me see my cross stitching better. 


Quilting

I did some quilting!

Two WIP project bags. Made during Thanksgiving week. Fabric from Hobby Lobby. 



I love this fabric.  I'll be sad when it's no longer available. 



Table runner using three "Mother's Choice" blocks. Sent out as a gift. I was so pleased with how this turned out. I almost kept it for myself. 



I started a new quilt. It is the Friendship Stars quilt by Christa Watson.



In the Kitchen

This is the recipe I made for work: Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins. Yum!

For dinner I made: Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole.  It was a hit!

This is the WIP tutorial I followed. 

So ... things will probably be quiet until the new year. Until thing: Happy Holidays!

No comments: