Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Getting ready for another cold spell

The past weekend was spent pushing snow around and shoveling. My son and I shoveled off the deck, and around the house, after my husband climbed up on the roof and got rid of some excess snow weight. I was so sore yesterday. I'm not used to that manual labor.  Not this early in the season, anyways. 

Last night someone sent me this meme:



Winter hasn't officially started and I think everyone I know feels this way. 

This was on the morning news last week.  We are *way* above the average snowfall. 


We are managing to keep the driveway fairly clear and wide, but the places we can shove the snow to is shrinking. 

Thankfully we have a new snowblower on the way.  This weekend we ordered a new Honda snowblower that is so easy to use, I can use it. Pictures will be posted when it arrives.  It should be here within the next few days *fingers crossed* 

I've also been doing battle with keeping the mailbox cleared for the mailman.  I'm losing on an almost daily basis. The first few times I was able to clear the area easily. Now there are layers of hard-packed snow in the fluffy stuff.  I'm using a scoop shovel to break through it all and remove the snow. 

Every time I think I've got it, the plow or grader goes by and packs it all in again. 

In the meantime, another cold spell is hitting the area.  I could feel the bitterness when the wind blew just the smallest amount.  This means keeping the wood stove stoked and going.  The weather is supposed to warm up next week. Just in time for Christmas. 

Right now I'm watching an episode of The Great British Bake-off.  I seldom watch regular tv, and I have seen very few episodes of this particular show. Someone is making a tiramisu and I'm reminded of the time I made one and brought it to the office for someone's birthday.  Oh, it was so good. One day I should make it again. 

No comments: