Friday, December 13, 2019

Winter

Winter came early to Northland. Snow, snow and more snow ... 

At first, it was really pretty.  That sentiment hasn't lasted very long.  Not for me, anyways.  

Our first decent snow dump arrived the day before Thanksgiving.  I decided I wasn't messing around this year, and I was pushing all the snow all they way out of the way.  That way, when we got the second snow storm, the weekend following Thanksgiving, there would be room to push all the new snow. 

After the second snow storm, you couldn't tell that I had done anything a few days prior. Snow blowing and drifting.  It was a moon landscape. My husband spent four hours, at least, plowing and snow blowing. 

Ever since, I feel like all we've done is snow-blow, plow and shovel.  

Ugh ... 

This is from today.  I went out to get mail and wasn't really surprised to see it snowing.  Again.  


If I didn't have to move it, I'd probably think it's beautiful. 

In other news, I recorded a podcast episode today. I recorded it on my phone.  That was a fun experience.  I think I was more relaxed, too. Probably because I didn't really know where to look.  It will get posted sometime next week.

Life has been moving pretty steady for me, these last couple of months. Always something going on. So ... blog writing and recording has gone by the way side a bit. Sorry. I'm still here.  I'm just going, going, going. 

Family is good.  We are all finally healthy! I was worried about all the school my son was missing, due to all the sickness and pink eye. *sigh* His grades weren't affected too much.  One think I love about his school is how they care  about the students.  I know his teachers worked with him to make sure he didn't fall behind. 

All the rabbits and chickens are doing well. The young hens have started laying. We are starting to get a small surplus of eggs to sell. Which makes some of my coworkers very happy. 

I've got some half-baked plans and ideas of crafty stuff for the next year. First thing, though, is to decide on a sweater pattern for myself. Even more important than that, I think, is spinning.  My big project of the year will be spinning at least one sweater's worth of yarn.  I "owe" my man a sweater.

Until next time, I'm still here. :-) I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last wrote anything. 




2 comments:

Becky G said...

What was that noise at the end of the video? It sounded like a chupacabra!

BTW, did you see Survivor Wednesday? I've never seen anything like that.

Amnicon Studio said...

That was a rooster crowing! Ha ha ha!

I DID see Survivor! That was wild and completely unexpected! I wonder how the reunion show will go.