Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Works in Progress #6 for 2023

 It's been a bit quiet on the homestead this week due to illness. My son brought some kind of germ home last week and shared.  Blech! 

I haven't felt this crummy in a while. 

In the evenings I've been slowly plodding along on my snowflake.

Pattern keeper has been so great for this. I've been adding around 100 stitches to it each evening I work on it. 


Project Name: #723 Snowflake

Started: Jan. 1, 2023
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Tiny Cross Stitches
Fabric: Aida cloth 14 count Hobby Lobby Zweigart. Aida has silver threads running through it. 
DMC floss in called for colors
747 ; 964 ; 995 ; 996 ; 3756 ; 3761 ; 3843 ; 3846 ; B5200
Colors: blues
Needle Size: 26
Made For: Myself. Maybe. I haven't decided yet if I want to give this away. 



Sweet little Edna has been pulled out of hibernation. I go much slower on the Lugana. 



Since I took the photo in the evening, not in natural light, the colors are off. 


Project Name: Edna goes to brunch
Started: early July 2022
Finished: 
Designer/Source: Lindy Stitches
Fabric: 32 count Mint Splash Lugana by Zweigart
Floss: I'm using the called-for colors in DMC
Stitch count: 133 x 96s
Size: 8.3" x 6"
Needle Size: size 28

Last photo I shared back on January 1, 2023.



Today is the first day of summer and the weather has decided it needs to feel like summer.  The temperature hit the upper 80s Fahrenheit today. 

Speaking of the garden ... This weekend I finished planting seeds in the garden and I planted the flowers in containers. When I'm feeling better I'll make a video.  No one wants to hear what I sound like right now. 

Sunday, when my hubby and I were sitting out by the garden, I noticed a critter discovered my water fountain and was taking advantage of it.  



Not exactly the wildlife I was expecting to enjoy my fountain. I had visions of birds coming to take baths in the top tier. 

No comments: