Thursday, September 27, 2007

My first sock


It's been a bumpy road for my first sock. I already know that the second one will go so much more smoothly. First I couldn't figure out the ribbing, then I couldn't figure out how to short row the heel. Then it took me a little bit to figure out what it mean by "picking up the stitch" Now I'm in the home stretch -- finishing up the gussett and I realized I had the sock inside out, lol. Patience, that what I keep telling myself.

I showed a coworker this sock yesterday. She was impressed that I've learned to this on my own. I told her I've had help from a knitting board and have done LOTS of research on the web and in books. I told her when she was ready to try sockmaking I would borrow her my pattern.

I cannot wait for DS to try the socks on. DH already said "make me a pair with cashmere" LOL. He may have been joking but that's okay. I will look for a cashmereblend of yarn after I found out if cashmere blend is good for sockmaking, lol.

After this pair of socks I think I will make a second hat for DS. The first one I made ended up being too short. He likes it but it's just not long enough.

*sigh* One of these days I'm gonna take pictures of all the projects I've finished since the knifty knitter hats and post them. I'm very proud of what I've accomplished so far.

No comments: