Friday, September 21, 2007

In the Big Boy bed (and some other rambles)

Never thought I'd see the day, but that's where DS is right now, lol. I actually got him to take a nap on that bed too. :-) But right now he's in his room, on the big bed, with the door open. I'm a bit apprehensive as to how this is gonna be, lol. He was upset at the thought of the door being closed, even though he's the one who usually closes it. He is most definitely feeling better. He refused medicine today after the first dose was given this morning. We ran up to Michael's and I bought some of that homespun yarn to make him an afghan. I have no idea if I will be able to make him one out of two skeins but I'm willing to at least start it. I can always get more yarn. :-)

I also ran to the LYS to ask for help on the start of the heel of the sock I am working on. I have no idea how to do a SW (slip & wrap). One of the women on a knitting board I to do referred me to a woman's blog that explains it in more detail. I will check into it this weekend.

Well, turns out that the pattern I got didn't give a good explanation of what that stitch it. The woman at the LYS was very nice in showing me the stitch, but admitted she's never made a sock with that type of heel. She showed me a pattern that has the kind of heel she usually does. Even though I'm sure I could have gotten the pattern or one similar online I bought it just cause she was so helpful. DH seems to think this is gonna be a pricey pair of socks, but I said "Remember what the woman said about it being entertainment?" He said "That's what the TV is for." LOL He's so cute! :-)

This Sunday is the Bishop's installation. So looking forward to that. I think it's gonna be exciting and all that good stuff. Then, hopefully, after this it will be quiet for a while. :-) I think we all could use a breather. The last three months have been kind of a whirl.

No comments: