Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hopefully next month will be better

The whole house has been sick with the dog flu for the last week. So I haven't done a whole lot of knitting but I did manage to get the two things I wanted done this month.

My lionbrand suede scarf. It's 7.5 feet long and super warm



I've also finished my blanket. I am now calling it the never ending blanket of doom. I think the next blanket I make will probably be a log cabin one like in the Mason Dixon book.

It's a pretty big and heavy blanket. So far I haven't had a real good opportunity to snuggle up in it yet. But I'm happy with it :-)



Here's a close up of the yarn



I also realized that I never posted a pic of my spindle or the yarn I spun on it. That right there I think shows of sick I've been, lol.


It's an AnnieMay spindle and so far I'm loving it.


I've been told that for my first time with the drop spindle this is really good. I've been looking things up here and there and I'm getting more and more of an idea. Of course I can't wait till I can order new colors. Someone was kind enough to tell me a couple names of online stores that have good stuff at good prices since I know almost nothing about fiber, lol.


I've also started a washcloth. It's about halfway done. It's been kind of a side project. It's the "Be My Washcloth"


I apologize for the quality of the photo but I've never been real good at taking photos of the washcloths.

Okay, so the title of this entry makes it seem like I've had a bad month. I haven't. As long as you don't count the sickness, the crankiness because of all the cold and lack of sun and just general feelings of blah. I got what I wanted accomplished in the knitting. And that's ... okay. :-)

No comments: