Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am in mad, mad love

With stitch markers, lol. Last night I had the bright idea of using stitch markers for my super secret project. Well, they are so slick to use and I love not having to count every stitch before switching my stitch to purl or knit. Well, then of course I realized the full extent of how a person can just fall in love with pretty stitch markers. Now I want some! :-) I know I can make them, I just need to get the components to make them. Ohh, ohh, new project!

Anywho, onto my super secret project. ... Well, this morning I realized I didn't have enough yarn for the pattern I had in mind. So ... I'm gonna try and modify it to a smaller so so I do have enough yarn. I have plenty of time to work on it still.

Oh and I finally cast on a pair of socks for myself. And re-cast on, and cast on again, lol.

It's been so long since I made DS his pair of socks that I'm having issues with yarn overs and stuff again. The socks I'm making are Hedera. I've had this pattern and yarn since Decemember 2007. I'm so excited to have a pair for myself, but I've never worked with sock yarn or U.S. size 1 needles. Oy! Takes me about 20 mins. to cast on and do the first row of ribbing.

This afternoon I cast on a "snuggle" for CeeVee girl. This will be my first one. After I make her one I will start making some for the local animal shelter. The idea of making bigger one's for the dogs seem a bit daunting but there is no time limit on these. But I do love the idea of animals having their own lovey.

CeeVee's will be a pretty one made out of lavendar colored and white colored yarn. The colors are meshing real nice so far.

No comments: