Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam

At 1:06 p.m. Central time we saw the white smoke.



Eight years ago when Pope Benedict XVI was elected I was on maternity leave with my son.  In all honesty, the whole thing is a blur and I don't remember much.  I remember more, sitting with my son next to me in a recliner and watching JPII's funeral.

Now, eight years later and with much more understanding of the Catholic Church I was SO excited to follow this all the way from B16 announcing his retirement to the announcement of the new pope.

Life in my household has come almost to a standstill while I have the news on the tv.  I'm following twitter and updating my work's FB page.  For a while I even made my son stop what he was doing and watch the white smoke.  I know right now he doesn't fully understand what's going on but I know when he's older he will appreciate seeing this.

Now, I'm waiting the appearance of the new pope. Stay tuned!


No comments: