Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mid-week update

The "warm" temps have stuck around.  We've had highs in the 20s.  I guess that is about to end. Boo and hiss.

This past Monday was a publishing day.  We did awesome!  Paper was done by noon. *happy sigh*  Now my attention is on the next issue which is the first issue of January 2014.  Wow!  The year went by quick! 

Nothing too exciting happened on Tuesday.  I spent most of the evening working on my latest knitting project, "Tri-Light", designed by Vicki Howell over on the Bernat website. 


I was cranking along on this until Tuesday and I think I lost my steam.  Rows seemed to take forever. I'm done with the main portion and have started working on the edging.  Row 3 confused me. Mostly because of the placement of the stitch markers that is done on Row 1. Do X pattern for so long, then knit to marked stitch. Well ... Stitch markers moved because of YO's and I have a feeling that I did some interpreting, rather than actually following the pattern.  Hope to have this done this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Wednesday I took my son to religious ed.  Turns out it was the Christmas program.  Nothing quite like being caught off guard.  My son was not happy.  He told me that what he was wearing was not appropraiate for a Christmas program, i.e. Orange shirt and jeans with holes in the knees.  I'm proud of him.  He went up there and sang.  He did get the deer in the headlight look that he is famous for.

There was one part that was a bit funny.  There was a "special guest" and everyone had to sing "We wish you a merry Christmas" and the special guest was to enter the hall and walk down the main aisle.  The special guest missed his cue.  The song was sung a second time, a bit louder and the special guest still didn't appear.  The MC went "ONE MORE TIME!" and the song was sung even louder and the special guest finally appeared.  You guessed it -- Santa!  Santa handed out treats to all the kids and the program was over.

On the way home my son told me that he's "over his stage fright" but if he's "not wearing 'proper' stage clothes" he will get his stage fright.

My boy cracks me up!

Tomorrow is his holiday program at school.  His new school really puts on a good show.  I was very impressed last year.  This year I think the theme is "Feliz Navidad." I must remember to bring the iPad so his dad can see the program too.


No comments: