Monday, January 5, 2015

Back to normal

Yesterday was our last day of vacation. We pretty much hung out at home and didn't do much of anything except watch TV. I discovered Star Gate is on Amazon Prime. Yeah, we are going through the whole series again. I forgot how much I enjoyed the show. 

I did do some spinning yesterday.  Oh, it was glorious. I had two bobbins ready for doing a two-ply. Took less than half an hour to ply. It was just what I needed to satisfy the spinning itch.

Today was my first day back at work and "normal." After almost two straight weeks of not having to do much of anything it was a bit hard to get back into routine. The day was fairly quiet, thankfully.

My commute was boring because I don't currently have an audiobook to listen too.  Boo!

Knitting has been going on. I'm almost done with my first sock.  It needs an afterthought heel and it will be complete.  Decent progress has been made on the second one.


I've started a new book on my kindle. It's Wine of Violence (Medieval Mystery #1)   At first I wasn't sure I would like it but now I'm intrigued to see where the story goes.

The cold is still here. With the windchill factor it felt -25 to -45 degrees F, at times. The sun was out for a bit.  By the end of the work day the sky was grey.

The chickens are doing all right however.  I can tell they are getting a bit of cabin fever. Many of them look out the door when I open it.  No one dares to try and run out now.  They can feel the cold.

No comments: