Thursday, September 13, 2018

Brace yourself ... Fall is coming

 

Summer is slowly coming to an end. My son started school after Labor Day. This summer seems to have gone by especially fast.  I have been looking forward to getting him and myself back into some sort of routine.  Much of this summer I feel as if I've been flying by the seat of my pants.

I'm still following the weight loss program I started last year.  I've lost about eight more pounds over the summer.  I'm hitting more plateaus this weight-loss time around.  That's all right with me, however. To-date I've lost 35-plus pounds. Slow and steady.


The entire family is getting ready for hunting season.  I bought my man a new crossbow for his birthday.  He is stoked and can't wait to use it.  He's been spending a lot of time with it, sighting it in and making sure everything is perfect on it.

My son and husband have been setting up the deer stands too, and making sure everything they need is ready.

My hunting prep is a bit easier than theirs. I was going to sit in the same shed as I did last year.  But then a certain someone had their eyes open for a portable hunting blind for me, since I don't go up in the tree stands.  It's a fear of heights.  You understand.


 You can't see me!  I'm so totally hidden!

Hopefully I will have a successful archery opener this weekend.


I think I'm ready to go.


Some humor.

No comments: