Friday, September 28, 2018

Episode 03 - Chatterbox

Give me time to speak uninterrupted and I will take advantage of it, apparently.  It didn't take long for me to go from deer in the headlights to chatterbox.

Thank you for joining me this week. Grab your favorite beverage and join me and I speak a little bit about everything.



Works In Progress
Lake shore scarf by Mara Jessup. Pattern available on the Knit Picks website.
Needles U.S. 3 (3.25 mm)
Yarn: Knitpicks Stroll fingering weight hand painted.
Colorway: Great Lakes
 

Vanilla socks on two circs
Needles: U.S. 1 (2.5 mm)
Yarn: Knitpicks Felici
Colorway: The Countess
 
I cast on something new: A baby surprise jacket.
Needles: U.S. 5 (3.75 mm)
Yarn: Lion Brand Mandala
Colorway:  Gnome
 
Spinning
No spinning this week
From the coop
I give an update on Mama Brahma and the babies.  I also answer a few questions about chickens.  
I finally got a decent video of Mama and the babies. Friday, Sept. 28 I let them expand their horizons and they are having fun. 
From the hutch 
A little bit of chatting about Hoss and Feffer. Their winter coats are growing in. We won't be able to bring them into the house many more times.
Barefoot in the kitchen
I tried a new recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese. Recipe turned out well, though I didn't follow it exactly.  I didn't include the Dijon mustard. 

The seasoning process for the new skillet has been started. 

Cinnamon rolls in the freezer and a tip about small batches of frosting.

Book chat
Book - I'm still plugging away with Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner.  I'm on page 66 of 341.
Audiobook -  Ender in Exile became available from the library. I'm eager to start listening to it. 

Kindle book - Cat Trick (A Magical Cats Mystery, book 4) became available from the library, as well.  

Nature notes
Expecting the first hard frost on Friday, Sept. 28. I'm pulling out the last of the tomatoes from the garden, and a few other things. 

Fall colors are *so* beautiful. Pictures aren't doing them justice. 
 

From the homestead
Watermelon was picked last weekend. 
Hunting update
Coffee talk
New TV shows. What do you watch?
My happiness this week
Rice packs.  A few minutes in the microwave and you have hours of warmth.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chatterbox? You are an awesome person!

Kelly Blake (Kasper) said...

how do you litter train a rabbit? is it instinct for them? I thought they dropped as they walked